1. to work jointly with others or together especially in an intellectual endeavor
It takes a team to create a stunning, memorable event, and collaboration is one of the hallmarks of great teamwork! We got the chance to ask Angela Young Proffit, the owner of Elegant Weddings by Angela and Events by AP in Nashville, TN, about some of her tips for collaboration to help make the wedding day as smooth as possible.
1. What can photographers do to be most helpful to coordinators prior to AND during the wedding day?
Communicate! Discuss order of preferable picture order. Discuss what is important to the bride and the vendors.
2. What makes you want to recommend a photographer to future clients?
If my clients are happy; I am happy. Customer service is the most important thing!
3. What is the best thing you’ve ever learned from working with a photographer?
Book themselves as the second shooter so they can stay behind the scenes and really capture the true story of the entire day.
4. What do you think they can learn from you?
Staying calm and going with the flow is so important; while trying to maintain a timeline.
5. How do you minimize stress on the wedding day and maintain the creative vision?
Minimize stress by planning and communicating ahead of time. Maintain the vision by listening to the couple.
6. What do you do to stay organized?
A lot of pre planning. Spend at least 25 hours building a very detailed plan for the wedding party and vendors.
7. Are there specific tools you can’t live without when it comes to organization?
Google docs, Dropbox, my iPhone, iPad and Mac!
For more information visit The Photolife.