05 Feb Podcast: The Epidemic of Our Great Industry – BURNOUT with Rachel Sheerin
In this episode, Angela and Rachel Sheerin discuss:
- The alarming rate we’re losing great hospitality and wedding professionals and what’s causing people to quit
- What causes burnout in loving professionals and how to spot the signs of burnout in yourself and others
- How to heal yourself when the joy is gone from your work and get back to loving your work, life and self!
- The power of supporting each other, being authentic and living a life aligned with our values
- Burnout is a common occurrence in high-performing professionals who achieve rapid success, constantly exceed goals and find immense self-worth in their work – average people do not get burned out, so if you’re burned out you’re probably a badass!
- When you’re being a person you’re not proud of, thinking thoughts that the “real you” never would entertain and feel nothing and everything all at once, you’re probably burned out – but you’re not alone.
- Having awareness in our industry of burnout, as an indication of change within ourself and not a stamp of failure and hopelessness can help save yourself, your career, your relationships and, possibly, your life.
- We work in the best industry in the entire world – if you don’t believe that, ask yourself “Why not?” and navigate your way back to joy, this time on your own terms. I’m cheering you on.
“We work in the best industry in the entire world – if you don’t believe that, ask yourself “Why not?” and navigate your way back to joy, this time on your own terms. I’m cheering you on.” – Rachel Sheerin
Connect with Guest:
Rachel Sheerin is a hospitality speaker and trainer who is on a personal mission to help people sell more, be happy and define success on their own terms! Featured in Inc. Magazine for her unorthodox keynotes and team training, Rachel has also appeared on This Week in Weddings, Lodging Leaders and more. Rachel’s training clients include hotel sales teams, catering companies, meeting planners and and anyone dedicated to serving others and celebrating everything! Rachel currently serves as the Director of Education and Programs for WIPA, is a long time NACE member and takes her margaritas without salt on the rim.
This episode is sponsored by Care/of Vitamins. Use code “apcares” for 25% off your first order!