A private home wedding is a great way to personalize your wedding day, however, there is much preparation. Check out the list below on how to prepare for a successful event.
- Landscaping. Plant Early
- Make sure the ground is level
- Power, add it up: lighting, band/DJ, sound, catering, parking area, fans/heaters, etc. Rent a generator
- Spray for bugs (important for comfort of the guests and caterer and so there are no bugs in your food!)
- Restrooms trailer: you may need power and a water hook up
- Parking! (valet)
- Septic or sewer system? How many times can the toilet be flushed each hour?
- Trash cans and liners
- Allow time for vendors to check out the home before hand
- Noise ordinance
- Tents (size, ground, location)
- Be polite and notify neighbors
- Notify local police department if within city limits
- Special event insurance
- Supplies: toilet paper, paper towels, soap, bug spray and Benedryl (for bug bites!)
- Backup plan for weather
Comments are closed.