Photo: The Collection Photography
The dress is set, the band is booked and the menu is coming together. Now it's time to plan your look and that includes a ton of prep work. Between the creams, the treatments and the appointments, we sifted through all the clutter and laid out exactly what you need to do and not do to look like your most radiant self on your wedding day. Here are the biggest dos and don'ts for your big-day beauty.
For Picture-Perfect Skin
• Use a cleanser that removes makeup and impurities every time you wash your face.
• Exfoliate 1 to 2 times a week to slough off dead skin cells and reveal fresh skin.
• “Boost” the eye area with eye creams that hydrate delicate skin.
• Use SPF every day, even in winter months.
• Lather on night cream before bed for extra hydration.
• Brighten dull skin with a Vitamin C serum daily.
• Try any new treatments or products within 3 months of the wedding.
• Get peels, facials or use harsh exfoliating treatments within the month of your wedding.
• Invest in Botox treatments or inject fillers within 7 days of the wedding.
• Schedule any facial waxing or threading 4-7 days before wedding.
• Wax the day of the wedding as freshly-waxed skin won't grip makeup.
For Beautiful Hair
• Get a trial haircut/color and decide on your wedding day hairstyle 12-18 months before.
• Get your last haircut 8 weeks before and color application 3-4 weeks before the wedding.
• Discuss hair extensions weeks in advance.
• Cut or color your hair less than 3 weeks prior to the wedding.
For the Perfect Smile
• Schedule an exam ASAP and make a perfect smile plan, ranging from cleaning to orthodontics.
• Get teeth whitening and cleaning procedures 2 to 3 months before the wedding.
• Plan any major orthodontic changes 6 to 24 months in advance.
• Get a night guard from your dentist to protect your teeth from clenching and grinding.
• Let stress wreak havoc on your teeth.
• Have your teeth whitened past one month before your wedding to avoid day-of tooth sensitivity.