I am so excited to have been a guest on Highlights: A Podcast With Erin King! In this episode, I give the Highlighters and GSD Leaders, some game-changing insights to maximize productivity and optimize profits, all while pursuing your passion! Tune in to hear how I came to have a surname so well-suited to the brand, what I considers to be the biggest mistake that female entrepreneurs make, and how my background in psychology helped me choose the right people. You’ll be introduced to the three P’s (people, processes, and productivity) and how I “potty trained” my brain to be faithful to the processes mentioned. Delving into the life-altering power of calendar blocking before urging listeners to automate the easy things and to treat yourself as a client to ensure you don’t get scattered. Get a sneak peek into the topic of the new book I am working on which involves a fourth P, profitability, and learn the difference between running a lifestyle business and a real, profitable business. I am sharing here some tools that support productivity and great tips on going from solopreneur to having a team. Lastly, this outlines why it is a prerequisite to intern before becoming a part of the GSD team and offers an awesome book recommendation that has recently changed my perspective. Tune in now!
In this episode we're talking all about:
- Discover how I came to have a surname so well-suited to her brand.
- Rethink the biggest mistake female entrepreneurs make.
- Learn how my background in psychology helped me choose the right people.
- Explore the three P’s: people, processes, and productivity.
- Find out how I “potty trained” my brain to stick to the processes I developed.
- Understand why calendar blocking and time blocking is essential to productivity.
- Recognize the benefits of automating the easy things.
- Learn why you should treat yourself as a client to make sure you don’t get scattered.
- Contemplate the topic of the new book I'm working on: profitable shift.
- Appreciate the difference between a lifestyle business and a real, profitable business.
- Discover what a GSD survey revealed about productivity and what people struggle with most.
- Learn how to leverage these tools to support productivity: a glass whiteboard, G Suite, and Dropbox.
- Hear tips for moving from solopreneur to having a team.
- Find out why it is a prerequisite to intern before becoming a part of the GSD team.
- Take note of this useful book recommendation: What Your Customer Wants But Can’t Tell You by Melina Palmer.
“The biggest mistake was saying yes to everything, and not putting my foot down from a customer service perspective.” — @AngelaProffitt_ [0:05:30]
“I don’t care so much about what someone’s resume says. I care about how their brain is wired and what makes them happy and what brings them joy – hiring people off of their strengths rather than [focusing] on your weaknesses.” — @AngelaProffitt_ [0:11:39]
“How is your productivity as a leader? If your productivity is not on point, it’s going to trickle down to your team members and, potentially, your clients if you don’t have a solid process internally and externally.” — @AngelaProffitt_ [0:14:25]
“Automate the easy things. Automation does not have to be hard.” — @AngelaProffitt_ [0:15:26]“When you’re good at something and you love doing it, people are going to come at you and ask for your help, which is great, but there are times where I can’t help because I will lose money.” — @AngelaProffitt_ [0:16:53]“You’ve got to figure out what’s important to you and what you love doing. Obviously, that’s the foundation, but if you actually do want to run a business, you have to track those things and do the things that aren’t fun.” — @AngelaProffitt_ [0:18:08]“I had the mindset of ‘nobody will ever do it as good as I do’ – but guess what? There are people out there who are better at doing some of the things than you are.” — @AngelaProffitt_ [0:31:30]
If you want to level up how you show up online, offline, and all the time-- go to ErinKing.com.